Monday, June 13, 2011

A New Family Came and Sat in Our Seats - Praise God

As children many of us read the story of Goldie Locks and the 3 bears. In the story there is the refrain - "Someone's been sitting in my chair, eating my food, and sleeping in my bed." Well, Japanese churches are quite small and our church has no more seating room. That means when someone new comes they have to take what someone considers to be their seat.

This past Sunday a mother and three young children came and sat in the back in the row we as a family sit in. We had to sit somewhere else of course but rather than it irritate me it made me rejoice. I found myself praising God that not only did a new family come but they sat in our seats.

After the service seating in my new seat, I saw another young woman who is a seeker and in the preparation for baptism class talking with a strong Christian. As they talked the believing woman took the young woman's hand and with their heads bowed they began to pray. I would not have seen it from my old seat.

No comments: